The biological resources center (BRC)
Head of the Cancer BRC: Prof. Anne Gomez-Brouchet
Work of the Cancer BRC
The Cancer Biological Resources Center has the following tasks :
- to ensure quality management of biological resources : from the reception, preservation, and preparation of derivatives to supplying research teams
- to promote clinical and basic research by :
- supplying academic and private research teams with biological resources
- specimen collection.
The Cancer BRC activities are carried out in accordance with patient rights and applicable regulations. The use of specimens for research purposes is subject to patient authorization and each patient subsequently has the right to revoke his/her authorization. For more information about your rights as a patient, you can contact Sophie Peries-Bataille , operating technician at the Cancer BRC.
The Cancer Biological Resources Center is likewise committed to high quality standards and has been awarded NF S96-900 certification (AFNOR certificate No. 2014/59228.1). In this capacity, the Cancer BRC has set up an organization to ensure the conformity of its biological resources.
Lastly, in compliance with the law, the Cancer BRC has declared its research activities and is authorized to allocate its biological resources.
Where is the Cancer BRC located ?
The Cancer Biological Resources Center is located in the IUCT Oncopole transfer apron area.
Organization of the Cancer BRC
| || |
Operational Medical Manager
Prof. Anne Gomez-Brouchet
(+33) 05 31 15 65 62
|(+33) 05 31 15 65 62|
Services offered by the Cancer BRC
The Cancer Biological Resources Center offers academic and private research teams two services:
- 1. supply of biological resources,
- 2. storage of cancer tumor collections.
The following cancer tumor collections (also known as representative collections) are available at the Cancer BRC :
- colorectal tumors,
- brain tumors,
- bone tumors,
- lung tumors,
- prostate tumors,
- gynecological tumors.
For details of the biological resources available, consult the virtual tumor bank of the Greater South-West Region Cancer Center.
The biological resources can be made available as :
- DNA (tube),
- RNA (tube),
How to request biological resources
To be properly dealt with, each request for biological resources must be made using the following procedure :
- 1. the applicant must complete the - form for requesting biological resources, 104.4 ko] and send it to the Cancer BRC by email to Sophie Peries-Bataille,
- 2. on reception of the completed form, the Cancer BRC Scientific Coucil considers the application,
- 3. when the request is accepted by the Cancer BRC Scientific Council, a contract is drawn up between the applicant and the Cancer BRC,
- 4. the samples required by the applicant are made available in the form requested,
- 5. the applicant undertakes to study the impact of the biological resources provided by the Cancer BRC in his research work and to pass this information to the Cancer BRC, particularly after scientific publications.
How to request storage of a collection of cancer tumors
To be properly dealt with, each request for storage of a collection of cancer tumors must be made using the following procedure :
- 1. the applicant must complete the - form for requesting storage of a collection of cancerous tumors, 104.4 ko] and send it to the Cancer BRCby email to Sophie Peries-Bataille,
- 2. on reception of the completed form, the Cancer BRC steering committee considers the application,
- 3. when the request is accepted by the Cancer BRC steering committee , a contract is drawn up between the applicant and the Cancer BRC,
- 4. the samples described by the applicant are sent to Cancer BRC for storage.