Specializing in rare and complex diseases, the IUCT Oncopole treats all patients requiring care for the following diseases : hematological cancers, women's cancers, ENT cancers, skin cancers (melanomas), certain sarcomas, urologic diseases (medical, innovative surgery).
The Institute has all the oncological specialties required to detect, treat and monitor disease: surgery, medicine, radiotherapy and brachytherapy, nuclear medicine, interventional imaging, biology and anatomical pathology. Management of diseases is based on a multidisciplinary approach ensuring care quality: patient records are discussed and studied at weekly meetings attended by physicians from different specialties. All patients therefore enjoy a personalized treatment program, the result of cooperation between different specialists.
Physicians and researchers work on innovative therapeutic programs on a daily basis. The Institute has made high-technology platforms available to them for optimal management, promptly taking into account the most recent advances whether diagnostic or therapeutic.
The three sites themselves are part of a regional treatment network grouping together 39 public and private health institutions, the IUCT coordinated by Oncomip.
- 10 000 new patients per year
- 80 000 appointments per year
- 2500 patients treated by radiotherapy annually
- 306 beds and places
- 7 accelerators
- 7 operating theaters, including 1 dedicated to R&D.
- 2130 publications
- 13% of patients are included in clinical research protocols.
- 21 basic research teams from Toulouse Oncology Research Center
- An INCa-designated early-phase clinical trial center (CLIPP), part of the leading 3 national centers developing phase I trials.